Can we still praise and worship Him even if He takes away EVERYTHING?

As I was just sitting down and thinking about everything that was happening around me a couple of days back, the statement or rather question 'If He takes away everything, can I still praise Him for it?'. As I sat there just thinking bout what God can actually, and rightfully, take away from me cause ultimately everything comes from Him, my heart was just grieved, deeply. I was just asking myself, what if He takes away my family from me? Or my friend? Recently, there was a friend of mine, in just a night, his dad died of a heart attack. The more I listened bout what happened that night, I couldn't bear to imagine if that would happen to me someday. They seem so tough going through it. But me, who was just a listener, cries inside and in deep sadness every time I think about it. It crushes my heart when I think that what if that happens to my love ones. In Job, God made a deal with satan. Satan said that if God allows satan to take away Job's family, and wealth, he will curse God. So the deal was made yet Job, in moments like this, he praised God for what had happen. God was silent for a long time from him, but still Job in faith knowing that God is there when through it all. Then it came to my mind, that all this happen always has a reason, and it's always for the better. What I see here is that we human can really misplace God in our lives sometimes that God has to really crushed our hearts down so we can grasp how Glorious He is and how much we need Him in our lives. I guess that was what God wants me to realise. God's love is so great but we as humans sway away so easily in thoughts and our hearts are just given away so easily to other thing rather to the One who had paid the price for it and who deserves it. I write this is to remind myself, and YOU! Never let go of the truth and love that surpasses all things. I pray that our hearts will be longing for more and more of Him every minute of our life. To live is Christ, to die is gain.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

hey u....u finally found ur blog. and i like this post. although it's a lil emo but 'eye opening??'. haha. take care

 
Overwhelmed with God's love - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger